Recent Library Catalog Upgrade Issues
Problems? It’s probably the browser!
Apparently, the upgrade to Enterprise expects everyone to have the latest browser. It is somewhat unfriendly with Internet Explorer 8 which cannot handle some of the more modern webpages like this new catalog.
· “Refresh” the webpage…click on the refresh-arrow usually to the right or left of the website address box at the top of your screen. Sometimes you might need to click it twice. If this doesn’t work, then try each of the steps below, one at a time, refreshing after each to see if it has fixed the problem. The problem will probably return again the next time you open the browser however.
· Turn on compatibility view either by going to the Tools menu and selecting Compatibility View if it is unchecked. Or just click on the icon circled below which lives to the right of the website address box.
· Clear your browsers cache (in IE) by going to the Tools menu Internet Options, Browsing history and then click on delete.
o When the next window comes up, make sure Temporary Interfiles and History are all checked.
o Click on delete.
o Close the browser.
o Reopen the browser and try again.
· Click on the house icon which will take you to the main Cosmos screen. Then click on My Account in the top right corner.
· Call the library and ask for them to help you with your account.
Try a different browser like Firefox.
Update Internet Explorer 8 to IE9.